Program Manager (RIL) Posted on July 21, 2022
Resources for Independent Living (RIL)
This is a hybrid position. Candidates would need to be in the Downtown Sacramento office 3 days a week and work from home/remote two days per week.
Position Summary for Program Manager (RIL)
Salary: $65,000-70,000 DOE;100% employer paid Kaiser, Life and ADD. 403b with 5% employer match.
Location: This is a hybrid position. Candidates would need to be in the Downtown Sacramento office 3 days a week and work from home/remote two days per week.
Description: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Manager administers RIL’s service delivery system and supervises direct service staff.
About Resources for Independent Living (RIL)
The mission of RIL is to promote the socio-economic independence of persons with disabilities by providing peer-supported, consumer-directed independent living services and advocacy. The focus of RIL is that freedom to make choices and the ability to live safely in the community are basic rights all people have, regardless of disability or age.
• Report to the Executive Director and execute RIL’s service policy.
• Supervise service staff activities for “core” service and program delivery and review and monitor consumer service records.
• Provide oversight and implement staff trainings and orientations to ensure accurate, up-to-date, and auditable comprehensive and confidential case records of services provided and reporting which demonstrates compliance with grant requirements of funders and reviewers.
• Prepare timely reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required by funders.
• Establish service management systems, policies and procedures. Supervising staff in carrying out these programs and systems.
• Assist in the development of goals and objectives for all of RIL’s service programs.
• Conduct annual staff evaluations.
• Assist in developing service programs, including preparation of grant applications.
• Assist in planning and carrying out outreach activities to underrepresented groups.
• Assist in designing the agency’s planning process as it relates to
• service provision.
• Assist in carrying out public relations activities and presentations.
• Work cooperatively with staff to insure continuity in service policies, procedures, outreach, and education activities.
• Participating with the Executive Director and Accounting and Grants Specialist in developing and refining the annual budget and its revisions.
• Responsible for managing budget within grant guidelines.
• Assisting with community advocacy, education and awareness projects.
• Build collaborative relationships with other groups and organizations.
• Recruit volunteers and manage volunteer activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor of Arts degree or three years’ experience in disability related programs. Experience may be substituted for education. At least one year experience in administering a service program, including supervision of staff. Experience may include employment as a paid staff member or as a volunteer in the delivery of services to people with disabilities. Experience in team building with an emphasis on equity and inclusion preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish, Chinese, Russian or ASL strongly desired. Personal disability experience required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports and legal documents pertaining to the operation of an independent living center. Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from consumers and their families, staff, local or regulatory agencies as well as the general public. Ability to write and deliver speeches and prepare articles for publication. Ability to effectively present information to consumers and their families, staff, public groups and the Board of Directors. Assist in public relations activities. Must possess a good driving record. This position requires the ability to regularly drive the company van and deliver supplies weighing up to 50 pounds to clients in rural communities.
Ability to communicate with people with disabilities and their families. Understanding the concepts of independent living. Ability to exercise initiative, ingenuity and sound judgment in administrative, technical or personnel matters. The position calls for basic computer skills in word processing and data base programs.
Moderate to High. This person is frequently expected to think clearly
in emergencies, complete work with deadlines, deal with interpersonal conflicts, and work with frequent interruptions.
The noise level of the office working conditions is low to moderate.
Mostly indoors, occasionally outdoors.
High amount of travel: local, regional and national.
*RIL is currently operating 100% virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions. Employees work from home with an expected transition back into in person service delivery set for early 2022.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RIL is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. RIL is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first review of applicants will take place Friday August 5th at 5pm, and this position is open until filled.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Executive Director (CFILC) Lives in the vicinity of Sacramento, CA (within 4-hour commute) Posted September 26, 2022 Ability Tools (AT) Program Assistant Manager (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Ability Tools AT & PH State Leadership Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Ability Tools AT State Level Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Statewide Community Organizer (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 12, 2022 Executive Director (RIL) Sacramento, California. Posted August 26, 2022 Community Health Coordinator (CID) San Mateo, CA Posted August 26, 2022 Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) Coordinator (CID) San Mateo, CA Posted August 26, 2022 Return to Jobs page