Benefits Coordinator (RSI) Posted on May 14, 2022
Rolling Start, Inc.
Position Summary for Benefits Coordinator (RSI)
Location: San Bernardino
Description: The Benefits Coordinator will lead the Rolling Start’s efforts to enroll consumers into programs Cal Fresh- (AKA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Cal Works, and Medical. This position will work with the Executive Director/Program Manager to conduct outreach and enrollment activities while promoting a culture of healthy living and motivating participants to take action and enroll. The Benefits Coordinator will enroll income-qualified people who reside in our service area. These responsibilities also include creating and maintaining a strong partnership between food banks and other community organizations and agencies with a focus on people with disabilities and older adults in order to provide exceptional outreach and assistance to consumers in need of these benefits. The Benefits Coordinator will maintain an up‐to‐date knowledge and understanding of these programs and tracking requirements.
About Rolling Start, Inc.
Rolling Start, Inc., Center for Independent Living (RSI) is a 501 c (3) not- for-profit organization that provides advocacy and services to people with all types of disabilities. The mission of RSI is to educate and empower people with disabilities to achieve the independent life of their choice. We have been serving San Bernardino, Mono and Inyo County for 44 years.
- Two (2) years of college in Human Services or knowledge of Cal Fresh and other government programs;
- Experience in public speaking and customer service;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy, disability issues and culture;
- Working knowledge of SSI, SSP, and other social security benefits;
- Experience working with community-based/nonprofit organizations helpful;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work with diverse groups of individuals, and meet deadlines;
- Must have dependable transportation for travel throughout the service area and occasionally other parts of the State of California;
- Ability to set own priorities and work independently;
- Professional written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of social media helpful;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
- Fluent in English; Spanish and Sign Language a plus;
- Customer Service—demonstrates the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of your work and attitudes on others. Have empathy and be able to work with diverse groups of people;
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted;
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications;
- Provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way;
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions and priorities;
- Contribute to a positive, action‐oriented work environment.
The physical demands may vary. The noise level of the office working condition is low to moderate: mostly indoors, occasionally outdoors:
moderate amount of travel: local, regional and statewide. Must be able to sit for a long period of time and handle multiple tasks at one time.
Rolling Start, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Communications & Marketing Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted July 26, 2022 Program Manager (RIL) This is a hybrid position. Candidates would need to be in the Downtown Sacramento office 3 days a week and work from home/remote two days per week. Posted July 21, 2022 Executive Director (CFILC) Lives in the vicinity of Sacramento, CA (within 4-hour commute) Posted July 19, 2022 Statewide Community Organizer (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted June 24, 2022 Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted June 23, 2022 Return to Jobs page