Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (CFILC) Posted on September 24, 2021
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (CFILC)
Status: This is a regular non-exempt full-time position with outstanding non-profit benefits.
Salary: $17.75 – $20.40 hourly rate, depending on experience.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant is responsible for various bookkeeping and office functions such as answering the CFILC main phone lines, opening and organizing mail, assisting employees with mailing and shipping; providing backup support to the Operations Manager and accounting department, sorting invoices, assuring management review and signatures on accounting documents, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits and providing support for employee and volunteers confidential files. This position may include rare travel within California. It is a regular non-exempt, full-time position based in Sacramento, California.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) is a statewide disability organization that administers programs and serves as a membership association that connects California’s Independent Living Network.
The mission of CFILC is to increase access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities by building the capacity of Independent Living Centers (ILCs).
• Bookkeeping includes recording and depositing incoming cash, checks, credit cards and online payments. Recording, tracking, and invoicing customers, members, sponsorship, donors, and registration.
• Accounts payable will include obtaining approval from department managers for invoices, recording and filing vendor invoices to the correct grants and programs while using accounting software;
• Track, record, and post monthly employee credit card expenses, statements, and reconciliations;
• Accounts receivable includes tracking and organizing online credit card transactions by grant and program, registrations, donations, and membership dues. Tracking and recording all checks and cash received for all funding sources;
• Maintain confidentiality of files, listen, and take instruction from supervisor and members of the management team;
• Provide assistance in preparing for audits;
• Track, record and keep updated reports on volunteer hours and stipends provided by program and grant;
• Reconcile program timecards hours to payroll service processing system. Record and keep hourly and program timecard files;
• Work individually and as a part of a group to provide support and assistance to accounting team;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provide professional and caring voice when answering CFILC phone lines;
• Assist callers as much as possible and provide warm hand offs to program staff and organizational partners when needed;
• Cooperate and support members of the administrative and accounting team;
• Always maintain respectful communication skills within the organization and externally while on scheduled work time; and externally while on scheduled work time; and
• Provide backup support to Operations Manager.
• Provide filing, copying, shipping, mailing and other general office support to CFILC staff and volunteers;
• Maintain USPS, UPS, and FedEx accounts;
• Provide backup support to track and record office supply needs for staff and management;
• Provide backup support to track, record, and ship merchandise orders and other items listed on website; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Two years of full-time work experience in bookkeeping that includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger. One year of college level course in bookkeeping/accounting may be substituted for one year work experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite skills;
• Experience in using accounting terms, principles, and accounting software;
• Ability to take direction and initiate work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines; and
• Ability to work with a team and independently.
• Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese;
• Identifies as a disabled person;
• Personal experience with disabilities.
The noise level of the office working condition is low to medium and consistent with office equipment. Work is mostly indoors.
We have adjusted to a virtual work environment and will have a mixed working environment moving forward. A computer and the necessary resources will be provided to the candidate hired for this position. Please note that a virtual work space equipment is the responsibility of the candidate. A small internet and cell phone stipend is provided for virtual work employees, as needed.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Accounting Clerk
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Manager (RIL) Sacramento, CA Posted November 9, 2021 Community Outreach Specialist (RICV) Fresno, CA Posted November 6, 2021 Community Work Incentive Coordinator (DRAIL) Stockton, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Independent Living Specialist/Assistive Technology Advocate - 2 positions (DRAIL) Sonora, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Emergency Preparedness Specialist Full Time (DRAIL) Modesto, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Emergency Preparedness Specialist Part Time (DRAIL) Sonora, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Executive Director (CIL) Berkeley, CA Posted October 28, 2021 Strategic Planning and Implementation Project Manager (MADI) Marin County Posted October 20, 2021 Administrative Manager (ILRC) Santa Barbara, CA Posted October 20, 2021 Community Organizer or Senior Community Organizer (DRC) Sacramento, Oakland, San Diego, Los Angeles, or Work from Home Posted October 9, 2021 Return to Jobs page