Accounting Clerk/Receptionist Posted on September 4, 2018
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Accounting Clerk/Receptionist
Status: Non-Exempt with benefits
Salary: $17.50 - 23.50 /hr DOE
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Administrative & Accounting Director, the Accounting Clerk/Receptionist is responsible for the following bookkeeping & office functions: answering CFILC's main office phone line, opening & sorting mail, assist employees with mailing & shipping; Bookkeeping tasks include: sorting invoices and distributing for management signature, A/P, A/R, bank deposits, assist with employee new hire orientation packets. Telecommuting is not an option.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) mission is to increase access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities by building the capacity of the Independent Living Centers. CFILC is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit membership organization that operates multiple programs, alternative loans, receives donations and membership dues.
• Bookkeeping to include recording and depositing incoming cash, checks & credit cards. Recording, tracking & invoicing customer, donor & member donations & registrations;
• Accounts payable to include getting approval from department manager for invoices, recording vendor invoices to correct grants in accounting software;
• Record & post monthly employee credit card expense statements & reconciliations;
• Accounts receivable to include online credit card transactions, registrations and membership dues;
• Maintain confidential files;
• Assist with audit preparation;
• Record & track volunteer hours & stipends, and employee hours by program & grant;
• Reconcile program timecard hours to payroll service processing;
• Office reception duties to include answering CFILC main telephone line, great consumers, and open, sort and distribute incoming mail;
• Managing supply inventory and ordering;
• Filing, copying, prepare and track mailings (USPS, UPS, FedEx);
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
A High School Diploma or General Educational Equivalent and at two years experience in bookkeeping to include A/P, A/R and General Ledger. One year of College level courses in bookkeeping/accounting may be substituted for one year work experience.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position;
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
• Must possess high-level computer skills with Advanced MS Excel, Word & Outlook skills;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Excellent writing skills including the ability to write a professional letter;
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with all callers, visitors and staff;
• Knowledge of Accounting principals & practices.
Knowledge of MS Access or other Database software;
Experience working with people with disabilities;
Familiarity with disability rights issues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level of the office working condition is low to medium and work is mostly indoors.
Low - Moderate
How to Apply
Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Accounting Clerk/Receptionist
NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES WILL BE ACCEPTED
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Outreach/Volunteer/Youth Coordinator Eureeka, CA Posted January 11, 2019 Office Manager Eureeka, CA Posted January 11, 2019 Information and Referral Specialist Sacramento, CA Posted December 24, 2018 Assistive Technology Assistant Job Posting Sacramento, CA Posted December 24, 2018 Return to Jobs page